Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Gluten Free Asian Pear, Fig, and Prosciutto Pizza

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I don't understand WHY I keep coming back to these combinations, but it's such an amazing taste, it's hard not to cook with them. Like my recent GF pear, fig, and prosciutto pizza.

I have to be honest though.. I have never eaten prosciutto EVER. But I was walking around Whole Foods the other day and I was like, that sounds like it would be good. So I bought a few slices, because let's face it, at $32 a pound for a meat I've never tasted, would be absolutely absurd! I'll stop rambling and get to the important part...

Ingredients:
GF pizza crust mix
1/2 sweet onion, sliced
1 Asian pear, sliced
1/4 cup dried figs, sliced
a few slices of prosciutto, ripped to pieces
drizzle of olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
optional: vegan or rice mozzarella cheese

Steps:
  1. Make your crust as directed on the package and place crust on pizza pan
  2. In a saute pan, add your onions and balsamic and let shrink/caramelize
  3. After you see a good caramelization happening with your onions, throw in your sliced pears and coat with the balsamic vinegar- cook for about 5-10 minutes
  4. If using cheese, put cheese as your first layer
  5. Dump the rest of your ingredients on top of the crust
  6. Drizzle the top with olive oil
  7. Place in oven at 350 degrees and bake until crust is brown (usually 20-25 minutes)


Enjoy!

Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 1, 2013 and is filed under ,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply