Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Chicken Noodle Soup Minus the Chicken and Noodle

Sunday, April 28, 2013

This dish was not planned in my weekly meals last week. And I know I sound crazy when I say that I plan out my weekly meals. But this came about when I wasn't feeling so well and all I wanted was a bowl of chicken noodle soup, knowing I couldn't have noodles. So here is my EASY version of an alternative to chicken noodle soup.

Ingredients:
3 cups water
1 cup quina (washed and strained)
Chicken bullion square
2 sticks of carrots (chopped into pieces)
1/2 onion (chopped)
1 tsp basil
1/4 to 1/2 cups of tofu squares (some packages come already cut)

Steps:
Put all ingredients except for tofu in a pot and bring to a boil.
Bring down temperature and let simmer for about 30-45 minutes, depending on how soft you want the vegetables.
Add in tofu squares and let sit for another 10 minutes.
Enjoy!

Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Sunday, April 28, 2013 and is filed under ,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply