Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Easy Vanilla and Chocolate Coconut Macaroons

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I've never made a macaroon in my life. And I must say, these were delicious. Inspired by Martha Stewart, I made some awesome vanilla and chocolate ones. Along with Martha's recipe, I am going to include a healthier version.

I made one big batch of vanilla macaroons, split the mixture in half and added in cocoa.

Vanilla Macaroons:
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1 tbsp granulated sugar (substitute with coconut sugar)
  • 2 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut (substitute with unsweetened)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • Pinch of salt
Chocolate Macaroons, add 2 tsp of cocoa powder to the entire mixture or 1 tsp to half.


Steps:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 325 and line baking sheet with parchment paper (I did not do this b/c I have wonderful non stick pans, but you should do it)
  2. In a bowl, combine egg whites and sugar and whisk until foamy
  3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well
  4. With your hands, create mounds (like above) and place onto baking sheet
  5. Bake for about 15-18 minutes or until golden brown
Enjoy!

Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2013 and is filed under ,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply