Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quinoa Sushi Rolls

Monday, April 15, 2013

These quinoa sushi rolls turned out delightful, if I don't say so myself. It was even super filling and I only had one roll! Saved the other for work the next day and people stopped me in the kitchen to ask me if I made them myself. Sure did.

Ingredients:
  • Quinoa
  • Seaweed sheets
  • Sliced cucumber
  • Sliced carrots
  • Vegetable or chicken broth
Steps:
  1.  Before you do anything else, put 1 cup of washed and strained (with those strainers with super small holes) in a pot with 2 cups of broth. I actually had a chicken cube thing that I put in with my water.
  2. Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until the quinoa absorbs all the liquid.
  3. Take off of heat and let cool until sticky- may take 10-15 minutes (or stick in fridge)
  4. Place your seaweed sheet on a sushi roller (or wax paper) and spread your quinoa across the top.
  5. Place your vegetables in the middle and roll. 
  6. Squeeze with your roller or wax paper until quinoa has stayed in place.
  7. Cut into pieces.
Depending on how tight you roll and how sticky your quinoa is, you may get some messy pieces, but guaranteed, it'll taste delicious!
I paired this with some delicious shredded Brussels sprouts salad - recipe coming soon!

Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Monday, April 15, 2013 and is filed under ,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply