Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Almond Crusted Lemon Tilapia

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

This recipe was a complete experiment. I have never cooked fish before alone, especially without my mom's supervision. I'm just not a huge fan of the fishy taste, but now that I have cut out gluten AND dairy from my diet recently, I decided to go for making some fish. It turned out great, actually!

Now this is something I threw in spices to my liking, so do the same, here. Especially because almond flour is a little more bland.

Ingredients:

Bowl one:
2 eggs whisked
1/2 lemon squeezed
tiny bit of lemon balsamic vinegar

Bowl two:
1 cup of almond meal
garlic powder
onion powder
lowry's seasoning (or emeril's I love)
basil
cilantro
paprika
dry mustard

Steps:
1. Get your pan ready by adding some butter (or fake butter or olive oil) into your medium heat pan
2. Cut your tilapia filets in half and then drench in bowl owe with your eggs
3. Dip the fish into bowl two of almond meal
4. Put in pan and cook on each side for 5-8 minutes or until side is cooked
5. Before being fully cooked, squeeze some lemon over the top of the fish filets
6. Before taking off your fish, make sure the inside is filly white


Lemon Mayonnaise Sauce
Ingredients:
1 tbsp mayo (or fake mayo)
the rest of your lemon juice squeezed
1/2 tsp lemon zest
garlic powder
basil
dry mustard

Mix in small bowl and use very sparingly on top of your fish filets. Enjoy!

Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 27, 2013 and is filed under ,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply