Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Revitalizing Morning Citrus Drink

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Lately, I have been making quick and healthy banana smoothies at work, but thought I would try something new. There are some great reasons why you should drink lemon and acids in the morning and La Jolla Mom explains it pretty well.


Some benefits of drinking lemon water in the morning are:
  • Helps with weight loss
  • Balances your pH
  • Clears skin
  • Freshens breath
  • Relieves respiratory problems
  • Keeps you zen
  • Kicks the coffee habit
  • and more

But I went one step further and made a revitalizing citrus juice green tea. Here is what I included:

  • Juice of:
    • 1/2 white grapefruit
    • 1 orange
    • 1 lemon
    • 1lime
  • green tea bag
  • hot water
  • drizzle of agave to take the tart edge off

I got one of these cheap juicer/squeezers, but mine was cheaper.  I leave it at work and it's great! I also left some fruits for me to juice at work and juiced them. I then took my green tea bag and let steep in a cup of water. When done, I poured my green tea into my juice. Then, I drizzled some agave in it to take the edge off. This is a great drink warm, but add a few ice cubes and you have a nice cold green tea lemonade-ish.


Enjoy!







Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Saturday, March 23, 2013 and is filed under ,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply